Friday, November 15, 2019

PLANNING: MY TARGET AUDIENCE

I had to plan how to reach my target audience for my film piece. I also needed to know who they were. I researched age, gender, ethnicity and social class. I researched what their media needs were so that I could produce a product that they will want to watch so in theory my film would succeed. Finally, in order to market our movie, I had to know how to reach them. I researched popular social networking sites used among the age group of my target audience. I will show how my research has influenced my planning by answering the question below along with pictures to help support my answers.

1. Who is my primary target audience?

My primary target audience is unisex 15 - 35 year old's from Britain

2. What kind of films and television are they likely to prefer?


Films would include Baby Driver, Dunkirk, Darkest Hour, Kingsman and Murder on the Orient Express 

TV shows would include ones like The Grand Tour on Amazon Prime and Silent Witness on the BBC iPlayer




3. What platforms do they choose to watch films and where are they likely to see information about films?

Frequent cinema visitors with a love for old fashioned style of film viewing. High quality cinemas, like the Everyman is their favourite way to watch a film. They are embracing the future with an account on Netflix and/or Amazon Prime. They are familiar with many of the new streaming brands available to them in this new age of Internet Streaming. They are not afraid of these new challenges they have to face to watch their favourite films

4. What brands do they prefer?


Apple, Nike, Adidas, Playstation, Coca - Cola, Spotify, Audio Technica, Disney, Metro


5. What makes my film stand out from the competition?


It is an old style genre film being rejuvenated and brought back into the 21st century after spending too much time in the shadows

. Why should my audience watch my film? 


It's a change from the norm. Too many films these days are franchises or sequels. This film is unlike any in cinemas right now and for that reason it should entice the audience.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent work that is thorough, detailed and well presented in a variety of appropriate visual platforms.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome Moderator

Thomas Hutchinson 1733 Claremont Fan Court School 64680 I worked with Charlie Slorick 1770 and Alexander Wain 1779 Our brief wa...